- When introducing yourself, say your first AND last name.
- Offer a firm handshake. If you have a weak one, practice on a friend.
- Don’t apologize for your career. Ever.
- When someone gives you a compliment, say “Thank you“ without adding more.
- Smile. As much as possible.
- Never leave a conversation having learned nothing about the other person.
- Care about your appearance.
- Give at least two compliments every day.
- When someone asks you for help, say yes unless it will harm you or your family.
10. Accept most invitations.
11. Take a professional photo for your social media presence.
12. Create a Facebook profile if you don’t already have one.
13. Unless you are the parent of a newborn, don’t offer “tired” as a response to, “How are you?”
14. Don’t have more than one drink at a work event. Period.
15. Don’t cancel unless absolutely necessary.
16. Show up on time.
17. Don’t be satisfied until you exceed expectations.
18. Attend your reunions – college, high school, grad school, camp.
19. Give one excuse. More than that will make you unbelievable.
20. Know your strengths and weaknesses.
21. Remember to thank people who do nice things for you.
22. Learn how to cook or bake one thing really well.
23. Meet at least three new people a week.
24. When you mess up, apologize right away in person or by phone.
25. Expect that things will go well for you.
Originally published @ Forbes
Free consultation to explode your life and your income
*Free consultation via Skype or face to face